DF Khoramandu Sea - campaign end

     We played the last session of the campaign on Thursday night, bring to close a campaign I have been running since July 2018. We finished the adventure DFA3: Deep Night and the Star. It was a good adventure, and we enjoyed it. That adventure wasn't the cause for the campaign to end, but it was a good place to stop, having saved the city and maybe the world.

    There have been a few sessions since the last time I blogged here, after the fateful near-TPK. My lack of posting has been another symptom of my waning enthusiasm for running the game. The almost-wipe wasn't the sole cause for stopping, but it was definitely a contributory factor. I realised that there was a mismatch of expectations at the (virtual) table, which could not be resolved satisfactorily. For now I will take a break from GMing.

    
Gaming-wise, I still have the D&D 5e game which I joined last month. The DM is running us through Curse of Strahd. A complete change of pace/rules/etc for me. I am enjoying playing in that. And I have a friend who is looking to run on Thursdays now that I am not GM, so I will be taking part in that too. GURPS is still my preferred system, and I will likely be using it when I returning to GMing, but next time it will be something other than DF.

Comments

  1. That's a shame: I'd kind of hoped the game would still be there if you ever returned to IRL gaming: a shame I never got to kill Bert off...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it is. Still, 3+ years isn't a bad innings for an RPG campaign. And there were plenty of good moments. But now I am looking forward to run something different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it was good while it lasted, thanks for all the work you put in

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved playing in this campaign. Thank you for letting me be part of it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts