DF Novices, Team-A, Session 63 - Report by Eleanor

    We played last night. Here is the in-character report from Eleanor. As always, I am giving out an Impulse Point to any player who writes a summary for the blog.

Session Date:    Tuesday 30 January 2024

Party roster:

Ben, half-ogre barbarian, 177 points (PC)
Doran Longbeard
, dwarf warrior (knight), 203 points (PC)
Eleanor Bayley, human thief, 233 points (PC)
Dagne Timar, human priestess of Metallys (cleric), 147 points (NPC Hireling)
Erizax Ofaris, human wizard, 232 points (PC)
Randall, human veteran (knight), 157 points (NPC)
Maximilian "Stout" Grupher III, goblin cleric of Ishtanna, 121 points (PC)
Merrill Tangled Tail, cat-folk martial artist, 140 points (N/PC)

Campaign Date:    4 December, Year 645 of the Vycenaean Empire.

------

We entered this horrid place. Misty. Damp. Wet. All kinds of terrible things I do not enjoy. The one upside is that it is not an underground set of tunnels with goblins popping out from secret openings. I have my doubts we will find anything of value here. It's been a while since Turmion disappeared and it's a marsh. Or perhaps those are great for finding tracks in? I wouldn't know. Ben doesn't seem confident but when does he, really.

We finally found something. A bunch of misty figures that didn't react to being spoken to, at least not verbally. At some point they started to throw rocks at us which was certainly an uncomfortable situation. But not so much as they started to appear out of the mist. More. And more. And more. I don't have the luxury to look around but from the sounds of it there's more than enough for everyone.

They would have perhaps looked more friendly if they didn't sport spears. And even more so if they didn't swarm us and tried to bite at us. They might be small compared to us but that doesn't mean I want to be stabbed and even less bitten by these marshland creatures. Unfortunately one part of that nearly became a reality, though I am very glad that I've procured some armour, no matter how heavy it has been it saved me from getting hurt. That and Stout's divine protection. At this point I am less concerned about myself and more about the others that are still unarmoured.

There was a point in the fight where I heard the roar of fire suddenly appearing, Erizax's signature move I presumed, but as soon as the fire started the sound died out. I have no idea what happened behind my back but the lack of flames may very well be a real issue. I was under the impression that magic was a bad, bad idea in the marsh. Who knows, though. At this point even the worst ideas may very well be worth trying.

Dagne called out that Ben is down. I don't really have the time to be considerate towards him, but it's either a misunderstanding, or there's something far, far worse out there.. and I honestly have no idea how to deal with the latter. For now all I can do is keep jabbing my knife into these things as they come closer. Eventually they'll learn.

Surely…

- Eleanor

Comments

Popular Posts