Campaign resumption

 Next week should see the resumption of the DF game. Hopefully all players can make it, as unfortunately last time we played, the party paused mid-adventure. Not mid-fight thankfully, but immediately post-fight, with the party still in the dungeon. If some players can't attend, then we'll see what that does to the party's plans.

 I believe that the player consensus was to rest, and then press on, rather than return to the keep. However they would likely need to exit the dungeon and regroup if the party lineup changes for any out-of-game reason. Furthermore, I'm not sure the party has adequately considered the opinions of the hobgoblins or goblins whose homes they have invaded. We'll have to see how that works out for them...

 Preparation-wise, I think I'm mostly good. I have enough or "close-enough" hex battlemaps to model the rooms in the hobgoblin and goblin caves. I also have hexmaps for the kobold caves and most of the orc caves, plus many of the larger areas of the rest of the caves mapped on hex-paper, but not all. The larger areas are the ones to worry about, as I am mostly converting the original 10' grid to as 3x3 hexes rather than 2x2 squares (GURPS hexes being 1 yard rather than 5 ft). I say "mostly" as this makes for some pretty large battle maps, so I am rounding down by 10+ feet whenever that would result in an inconvenient requirement for additional pages.

 For now I've been drawing a few more 2D furniture counters, to add a little bit of colour to the black and white room maps: chests and boxes and so on.   

 I'll have to see if I can find out what the party plans to do next, after dealing with the hobgoblins. This may be difficult at present, as other than the kobolds and maybe the ogre, they don't really have much info on who (or what) is in the other caves, and this includes not yet knowing the location of the evil cult they seek. That being the case, I'll have to wing it or delay them, if they want to go into unmapped areas.

Comments

Popular Posts