DF Novices, Team-A, Session 46 - Report by Eleanor

       Here is a report from the player of Eleanor for the game last Tuesday.

Session Date:    Tuesday 12 September 2023

Party roster:

Ben, half-ogre barbarian, 132 points (PC)
Doran Longbeard
, dwarf knight, 159 points (PC)
Eleanor Bayley, human thief, 174 points (PC)
Dagne, human cleric, 125 points (NPC Hireling)
Erizax Ofaris, human wizard, 178 points (PC)
Merrill Tangled Tail, cat-folk martial artist, 92 points (PC)
Randall, human warrior, 135 points (NPC)

Campaign Date:    6 August, 
Year 645 of the Vycenaean Empire.

------

I hope in the future that I will be reminded "Hey Eleanor, do you remember that time we went into the mines and it was dark, cramped and awful?" and I'll go "yeah! Let's never go into a cave system like that again!"

I doubt we'll be that fortunate in the future, either. But I digress. This part of our journey had us mostly walking. And walking. And then we came upon a room we had already been in. Fortunately I managed to avoid being hit by an arrow being fired out through the door as it opened, but it lodged itself against Merrill's back. It seemed like a serious hit but he waved it off like it was just a bug bite. (Speaking of bug bites…)

There were Orcs in there. And some Goblins. Immediately Doran hooked the one Orc with a sword's sword and pulled it out of his hand, making sure he wouldn't be able to fight properly against him. The archers were soon pressured by me and Merrill after Erizax sped me up which let me run across the room while trying to avoid being hit. I swear one of the arrows scratched my side as it went past me.

But they surrendered, so we made them drop their weapons and destroyed anything that wasn't of value and took the few things that were. Though that was after we asked them some simple questions which we received very poor answers to. I hope that was mostly due to their poor language skills.

But we continued. More empty corridors and rooms. Then finally we heard some noise and went to investigate down a tunnel. Even more cramped. Fortunately my miniscule height offered a great advantage there, but Ben is struggling to move around. A thrown ax missed Doran and Ben, which led to them charging up and Doran was attacked from behind in the arm, cutting in deep. It definitely hit real deep, since even with Dagne's great healing power its obvious Doran's arm is out of commission for a long time.

What a bloody mess.

- Eleanor

Comments

Popular Posts