DF Novices, Session 4 - Report by Eleanor

     We played session 4 last night. I think it was our first game with all 6 players present. What follows is a report from the player of Eleanor Bayley.

------

Goblins. So many Goblins. I am not sure how everyone could stay so calm in a situation like that. All I could think of was to reload my crossbow time and time again and shoot at whatever looked the scariest. I'm pretty sure my bolts knocked down at least three of them. Borgergorg and Doran proved that they were capable of being hit many more times than I imagined someone would and still keep standing. At some point it was a shock that Doran seemed completely unharmed by a blow straight at him. Agis was not as tough. I must admit I would have likely passed out from such wounds so it is still admirable. Erezax had been shot. Me and Fenn kept peppering the Goblins with more shots. At least until they showed up. Some kind of man-beast. A humanoid figure with horns, fur and a goat's head. They were horrible. I was lucky that the ones near me weren't sneaky enough to get the jump on me but even still. One of them survived being stabbed five times. FIVE times by our half-ogre. I have seen his swings almost cut a Goblin in two. Things were getting desperate as both of our friendly casters were all but depleted and our toughs were starting to wear down. A stab into a goat-man's lungs and it was still standing, spewing blood from its lips. I'll have nightmares about this I am sure. I am not sure how we did it but in the end we survived. I am surprised I didn't collapse after. Perhaps it was because of the horrendously strange decision of our group to reward a Goblin that survived by saving another. These people tried to kill us and now we are going to act like that? At least helping the Goblin seemed to be of value. Another group showed up and without hassle we managed to exchange our aid for safety. And Agis got a Goblin belt. The return to the camp was much less cheerful. They had been attacked while we dealt with the threats up ahead and a few had died. At least I didn't know their names. It was a sour evening. I am not sure how I managed to hold back from crying. Probably because there was no time or space to be alone. I don't think I could feel any flavour from the food that night. 

- Eleanor Bayley.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts