DF Novices, Session 17 - Report by Eleanor

    Here is an in-character summary of the last session, from the player of Eleanor.

Session Date:    Tuesday 14 February 2023

Party roster:
Agis Keylar, wood elf cleric, 94 points (PC)
Borgergorg, half-ogre barbarian, 91 points (PC)
Doran Longbeard, dwarf knight, 86 points (PC)
Eleanor Bayley, human thief, 92 points (PC)
Erizax Ofaris, human wizard, 90 points (PC)
Cynric the Wild, human berserker, 62 points (NPC)
Randall, human warrior, 123 points (NPC)
Renaud Aymon, human holy warrior, 65 points (PC)

-----

What a mess.

From one terrible situation to the next. At least this one started out well enough. After being hired to deal with some goblins and only being mildly hindered by big brother Borgergorg's decisions to try to dissuade the evil creatures from their ways, we managed to take out a lot of them.

I say a lot of them and not all of them for reasons that will become apparent later.

We found a man tied up in a sack. I believe his name was.. Renaud? A strange man. Just going to get up, gear up and go down to deal with the rest of them with us. I'm certain there's something going on there. At least he turned out to be useful in keeping Agis alive, though he seemed less capable in staying upright himself.

At least he isn't dead. I think.

But that's skipping ahead some. We dealt with the first group, we ventured deeper into the caves and after stumbling upon some giant rats we were ambushed from both sides. Goblins all over. A group of them fired crossbows at us, though I don't think anyone got hit*. It was a tight spot so I ran up to engage them before they could retreat and reload.

I wasn't expecting hellfire to suddenly appear behind me. Luckily it belonged to our wizard, this time. It seemed effective, though I really wished brother Erizax would've told me that he could do such a thing. I've not seen him make fire that big before.

Regardless, in the end we came out on top. A few goblins managed to flee but there's more than plenty dead so they will likely not be an issue.

Another job done, hopefully. Next time big brother Borgergorg wants to talk to something I think I'll just spend my time setting up a trap instead.

-----

* GM's note: Borgergorg got hit. Twice. Poor half-ogre meat-shield pincushion.

Comments

Popular Posts