DF Novices, Team-A, Session 51 - Report by Eleanor

 We played last night. Here is an in-character report for the last session from the player of Eleanor. As always, I am giving out an Impulse Point to any player who writes a summary for the blog.

Session Date:    Tuesday 31 October 2023

Party roster:

Ben, half-ogre barbarian, 132 points (PC)
Doran Longbeard
, dwarf knight, 162 points (PC)
Eleanor Bayley, human thief, 191 points (PC)
Dagne, human cleric, 125 points (NPC Hireling)
Erizax Ofaris, human wizard, 195 points (PC)
Randall, human veteran, 135 points (NPC)
Yorgen Gant, human knight (squire), 91 points (PC)
Ulokk, half-ogre thief, 85 points (NPC)

------

The fight continues. Randall's ax was snapped from his hand and flung nearby. Fortunately no one got hurt at least. He managed to show how well he can do with a knife as well this time as he downed a goblin without issue. The blow to its back was quite impressive. I feel like one of my crossbow bolts would do just as much. It is rather gruesome to convey these details and I would almost prefer to have never experienced them in the first place. Almost. These adventures have really opened my eyes to a lot of things.

We finished off a few other goblins and while we were wrapping up the fight with some running away we heard some noise, shouting. We tried to breach a door but it held darkness that magic couldn't illuminate. In the end we chose to charge our attackers in the hope that they would at least not find a good place to ambush us this time. Or something like that.

We found a bunch of undead. They charged at us with picks. At the same time goblins are coming from behind us. I called out for Erizax to make darkness to cover for us but I could tell only seconds later that he had started a fire. I just hope it works.

A giant hobgoblin zombie moved out as well. The kind that had bothered our party a lot. Fortunately I managed to hit it right between the eyes. The bolt clearly penetrated deep and from how it fell over I assume that the brain was a vital thing. I got lucky there. It didn't die but Ben managed to finish it off.

But there was no time to celebrate. The moment I take a breath Erizax and Randall are both shouting things at me. Reload. My name. It's hard to know all the things they said. But it sounds like there's something bad going on. I really hope it's not as bad as they seem to make it sound like though. 

- Eleanor

Comments

Popular Posts