DF Novices, Team-A, Session 53 - Report by Eleanor

   We played last Tuesday. Here is an in-character report from the player of Eleanor. As always, I am giving out an Impulse Point to any player who writes a summary for the blog.

Session Date:    Tuesday 14 November 2023


Party roster:

Ben, half-ogre barbarian, 132 points (PC)
Doran Longbeard
, dwarf knight, 162 points (PC)
Eleanor Bayley, human thief, 191 points (PC)
Dagne, human cleric, 125 points (NPC Hireling)
Erizax Ofaris, human wizard, 195 points (PC)
Randall, human veteran, 135 points (NPC)
Yorgen Gant, human knight (squire), 91 points (PC)
Ulokk, half-ogre thief, 85 points (NPC)

------

Twang. That is what I hoped would be the sound of triumph. The sound of my crossbow firing off a bolt aimed straight at the beast's eye. And it hit. And it sunk in. And the thing looked like it was barely affected. I can't believe it. I know the other one got up as well but it was like it didn't even feel it. The monster would have surely pulled out the bolt if it had the time to do so. Whatever we are dealing with.. It feels like it was for someone who was more equipped than we were. But soon it was only the Orc-rat-thing, a few Goblins and us. And eventually the rat-thing fell over and stopped moving.

There was no time for triumph however. Once all of us had taken a breath we raced over to check on Dagne. The.. sight.. it's.. I will refrain from describing it for the sake of whoever is fortunate enough to read this. But she looked bad. Very bad. But alive. And so we pooled together what healing items we had. I had no time to focus on the shouting behind me. But I could tell. The thing was getting up. It was yet not dead. And all I could do was trust my companions to deal with it as I poured potion after potion down Dagne's throat.

There's not much I can tell you. There were a lot of steps. Hits. Shouting. It lasted far too long for a wounded foe to go down again. I believe Yorgen shouted something about wounding it. Whatever happened the Rat-thing eventually fell over and by the time I looked over it was no longer a fur-clad monstrosity but just an Orc lying on the ground. The rest nearly collapsed from the exertion. And myself included. We breathed. We moved as quickly as we were able to. We hid in a room. Then Dagne woke up. I was truly worried she would never wake up.

In the end.. we escaped, again. These caves have been horror after horror. At this point we have learned that the rat-things are weak to silver. Or at least silver works on them when other things do not.

I am worried. How many more can there be? How do these things work? What are they? They clearly serve some wicked, foul god… I am not sure how much I should write down because even these few words feel cursed.

I am just glad we made it back. Alive. All of us.

- Eleanor.

Comments

Popular Posts