DF Novices, Team-A, Session 54 - Report by Eleanor

   We played on Tuesday as usual. Eleanor, the shy-thief-turned-reluctant-party-leader, had a bit of an in-character meltdown after the unexpected introduction of a new party member from Team B. Here is her in-character report. As always, I am giving out an Impulse Point to any player who writes a summary for the blog.

Session Date:    Tuesday 21 November 2023

Party roster:

Ben, half-ogre barbarian, 132 points (PC)
Doran Longbeard
, dwarf warrior (knight), 162 points (PC)
Eleanor Bayley, human thief, 196 points (PC)
Dagne Timar, human priestess of Metallys (cleric), 132 points (NPC Hireling)
Watch-Sister Telessa, human holy warrior of Pidnos, 62 points (NPC Hireling)
Erizax Ofaris, human wizard, 195 points (PC)
Randall, human veteran (knight), 143 points (NPC)
Yorgen Gant, human squire (
knight), 95 points (PC)
Ulokk, half-ogre thief, 85 points (NPC)
Maximilian "Stout" Grupher III, goblin cleric of Ishtanna, 87 points (PC)

Campaign Date:    27 September, Year 645 of the Vycenaean Empire.

------

Dear imaginary reader that I make up in my head (for I will surely NEVER show this to anyone)...

I am tired. I am tired of this cave. I am tired of having to take responsibility. I am tired of having to make the decisions. I am tired of Doran running ahead. I am tired of Ben constantly waiting for me to say what HE should do. I am tired of everyone depending on me. I am tired of having to think about everything all the time. Buy potions. Buy scrolls. Make sure we use our money responsibly. Know which way to go. Know who to talk to.

And I don't think they are useless. Far from it. I feel safest between Ben and Doran. I know Erizax has a mind that is far greater than mine. I know that Merrill is both capable and gentle, in his own way. I love all of them. But Hells. I am tired of doing all these other things. I am tired of watching them get hurt. I am tired of having to make the decisive shot on monsters that no one else could hit.

And then a Goblin showed up. A friend of Yorgen's and Ulokk's. And I lost it. Not only am I already watching them but now another one shows up uninvited. I just wanted to cry. Or hit someone. Or both. Stout. He kept shouting and talking. I talked to Yorgen about it but that didn't help me. I still have to think about what if any of these people turn on us. I still have to deal with all these issues. And Doran is upset because he hates Goblins. And everyone else is acting like nothing.

Eventually we took a rest and Stout tried to offer me something to drink. How could I accept that from someone I do not know?

Yorgen called me out for it. And we talked. I told him these things in the end. I didn't want to. I don't know if I can trust him with any of it. But he told me that I had two options. Shape up or step down. And he is right. Who else will but me? I'm the one that took charge after all because NO ONE did. But I think I can do it. I have done it so far and no one has complained.

So that's it. I'm in charge. No more of this half-assed stuff.

- Eleanor

Comments

Popular Posts