DF Novices, Session 21 - Report by Eleanor

    We played a session last Tuesday. Here is a write-up from the player of Eleanor. 

Session Date:    Tuesday 14 March 2023

Party roster:
Agis Keylar, wood elf cleric, 94 points (PC)
Doran Longbeard, dwarf knight, 86 points (PC)
Eleanor Bayley, human thief, 92 points (PC)
Erizax Ofaris, human wizard, 90 points (PC)
Renaud Aymon, human holy warrior, 65 points (PC)
Randall, human warrior, 123 points (NPC)
Cynric the Wild, human berserker, 62 points (NPC)

-----

I don't believe mentioning a couple of rats attacking us as something noteworthy. Renaud made sure that we were all aware that the glory of these rats dying was all a part of his goddess' plan.

I've led the group through these tunnels. While they spent quite a while breathing down my neck. It's already hard enough to be looking out for traps. I don't need people constantly looking over my shoulder. Eventually they got over it but Cynric and Renaud had a moment where they both insisted on protecting "the lady". That's me in this situation. At least we didn't end up finding or walking into any traps.

There were more rats. Rotten food. We eventually found another resting spot. I believe after the fight the goblins we had killed amounted to thirty seven of them. But one of them survived the fight and spoke in broken common. It tried to speak to us and plead for mercy. We considered it but Agis' magic didn't work on them and so in that moment it seems that Agis figured that his deity didn't want this goblin to live. He asked me to kill the thing but I told him it's probably a sign that he should do it. Afterwards it seems he considered the possibility that the goblin had resisted his magic. Well, too late to go back now.

We found what looked like a meeting room and sat down to discuss the situation. Agis brought up some of his thoughts, which I found to be mostly irrelevant. Not that they are wrong but simply that I did not see anything changing whether he was right or wrong. Whether the goblins work together with the undead makers or they were separate entirely doesn't really matter to me. We are here to deal with the goblins and if some undeads get in the way we're pretty used to handling them by now.

P.S - These caves are much larger than I imagined. I never thought a mine would go this deep. Or that there would be so many goblins.

- Eleanor

Comments

Popular Posts