DF Novices, Team-A, Session 48 - Report by Eleanor

           Here is an in-character report for the last session from the player of Eleanor. As always, I am giving out an Impulse Point to any player who writes a summary for the blog.

Session Dates:    Tuesday 10 October 2023

Party roster:

Ben, half-ogre barbarian, 132 points (PC)
Doran Longbeard
, dwarf knight, 159 points (PC)
Eleanor Bayley, human thief, 174 points (PC)
Dagne, human cleric, 125 points (NPC Hireling)
Erizax Ofaris, human wizard, 178 points (PC)
Merrill Tangled Tail, cat-folk martial artist, 92 points (PC)
Randall, human warrior, 135 points (NPC)

------

It wasn't our fault. These goblins are insisting to stay in these lands and I feel like they should have learned at this point. We've killed so many of them. It's easier to not think about it. I don't feel any less about the fact that I have mostly been in the backlines. There's more than a few goblins or otherwise that have been felled thanks to my influence after all. Do I feel guilty? Not really. But it doesn't feel good, either.

We were nearly cornered and it was intense. It really didn't feel good. But Erizax's magic managed to push the enemies out of the way with the fire he made. They really should be leaving this place at this point. But they won't. There must be something of greater value here. It isn't really set up as a post for conquest or armies, at least from the way that I envision it.

The fire pushed back the rest back but there was a Hobgoblin left there. He went crazy and kept fighting until there was little left. Brain matter on the wall, literally. It was horrifying. But it feels like I have gotten used to it. It is honestly quite a strange feeling. To think that I can feel like I should be terrified but at the same time I feel more focused than ever.

We left the caves eventually. Getting back to the town was rather peaceful. We got into town and Merrill told us that his birthday was coming up and he didn't know what to do with it. So now it's my responsibility to take care of it. At least it will be a fun time, I hope. I plan to get him a new, nicer staff that hopefully won't break as easily.

- Eleanor

Comments

Popular Posts