DF Novices, Team-A, Session 50 - Report by Eleanor

    The novices campaign has made it to 50 sessions. Here is an in-character report for the last session from the player of Eleanor, along with the character's personal take on each of her teammates. As always, I am giving out an Impulse Point to any player who writes a summary for the blog.

Session Dates:    Tuesday 24 October 2023

Party roster:

Ben, half-ogre barbarian, 132 points (PC)
Doran Longbeard
, dwarf knight, 162 points (PC)
Eleanor Bayley, human thief, 191 points (PC)
Dagne, human cleric, 125 points (NPC Hireling)
Erizax Ofaris, human wizard, 195 points (PC)
Randall, human warrior, 135 points (NPC)
Yorgen Gant, human knight (squire), 91 points (PC)
Ulokk, half-ogre thief, 85 points (NPC)

------

We checked a room we've checked before. Doran said that it was empty and Yorgen made a comment about not missing anything, so I had to retort that his group missed things before. He didn't seem to like that but if you talk the talk you better walk the walk.

There were some rats. They might have been scary before but we're a big group now and while I only watched for a brief period of time it seemed they weren't able to chew through neither Ben's nor Doran's armor.

We managed to hear some enemies up front but Doran shouted just as that was mentioned and alerted the enemies. We made some brief plans and continued along the route. In the end we were ambushed. I got lucky and all the arrows missed…

They really planned this ambush. There were Goblins in many directions. I got very fortunate to hit one of them and it immediately went to the ground. At this point we're split up and it's hard to tell where anyone is. Doran, Ben, Yorgen and Dagne are all together while I'm with Erizax, Ulokk and Randall.

I feel like most of the reason has gathered at this front, but it's fortunate that the other side are all very capable fighters. These Goblins aren't that dangerous it seems but there's quite a few of them. I'm not scared at this point but they are starting to get at us.

I'm sure Erizax has a plan if things go bad so I'll just stick to his side for now.

- Eleanor

------

Doran… There's a lot I could say about Doran. I found him far too impatient and confident when we first met. Honestly he's still got issues when it comes to having patience but at least at this point he's learned that he can't handle every single foe himself. He's reliable if a bit too interested in his axes. I think aside from me he was definitely hit by Cynric's death the most. We have both been here since the start. I certainly wouldn't be as comfortable with things here without him.

I just wish he wouldn't open things so abruptly…

Erizax is tricky. I would consider him my most reliable ally in this but sometimes I feel he might be a bit too focused on the logical side of things. It is hard to discern his mood at any moment (other than being grumpy about money). But he's clearly intelligent and has a plan most of the time. If I have to act as the de facto leader for our group then it's a good thing to have him by my side.

But last time he almost set me on fire…

Ben is definitely sweet. I just think that he doesn't.. think that much. I am not saying he is necessarily stupid just that sometimes he seems to just stand around and wait for someone to tell him what to do. It is a refreshing change from Doran who will sometimes just charge ahead and then we have to deal with whatever happens at least. Ben is also very steadfast at being in front and more than fearless to get his armored body in there. I'm very glad we have someone who's as strong and tough as Ben.

But he could really take some initiative now and then…

Merrill is sweet. He's honestly a bit too sweet sometimes and it makes me feel a bit bad when we have to show him that things aren't really that nice out in the world. But at least he takes it in good strides. His way of speaking is confounding to say the least, even simple answers sometimes become a kind of involved, tangled mess. But he says what he wants and seems quite concerned about the group.

If anyone needs a bit more confidence it's definitely Merrill so I hope his training returns him well…

Randall is very reliable, steadfast and clever. He's not active enough to take the lead unfortunately but I feel like without him we wouldn't have made it this far. I'm happy for the fact that he aims to retire rather than continue this stressful, dangerous life.

Although I feel like we are all going to miss him a lot…

Dagne is brave. That's not always a compliment. She's capable but not enough to avoid getting hurt from time to time. I get her point of view because I have been and end up there often. Someone has to fill the gap to make sure things don't crumble.

But she didn't seem to like me before so we'll see…

Ulokk is intriguing. I am still watching my back since he seems to be a more shady fellow (after all who knows how to pick locks but the dishonest?). But he's proven to be at least willing to fight alongside us and he's capable enough.

Does he speak Goblintongue though…

Yorgen. Yorgen, Yorgen, Yorgen… I find myself torn on this subject. I both like and dislike Yorgen. He's got the air of an arrogant pompous asshole but he will also take charge while the others dawdle and seem to wait for me to say something. It's quite refreshing and the orders he barks make enough sense that I will go with it.

I just wish he wasn't so keen on being a jerk…

- Eleanor

Comments

Popular Posts