Dungeon Doors

For my DF game I use cardboard doors, most of which came from the old HeroQuest board game by Milton Bradley. While the HQ doors have been very useful, what I don't have are double doors.

I decided to try and draw a few doors of my own. 
I use offcuts of thick paper or thin card, folded in half, in the same way as printable paper miniatures. Here is the first effort shown with a couple of the venerable HQ doors (one open, one closed) for scale.



Below is the second one. This time I attempted an arch. As I drew the arch freehand, it's far from perfect, but I'm satisfied that it looks close enough to be acceptable. 


For comparison, here is the same door before it was glued shut.


I probably won't need many of these. On the other hand, they were fun to do, and are a change from the floorplans that I usually work on while watching TV or listening to a podcast. They add a bit of variety and colour to the battlemaps which are otherwise almost completely black and white. I had previously drawn some tables as flat counters for my maps, and now I'm considering other bits of simple flat or standee furniture that I might do. 

Comments

Popular Posts